The Custodial & Investment management services offered at I&M Bank (T) Limited enable clients to manage their investments through one point of contract. The Bank is licensed by the Capital Markets and Securities Authority (CMSA) and the Dar-es-Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) as a Custodian Bank.
- Safekeeping of client securities – Securities are purchased/transferred in the name of the client but held by I&M Bank on behalf of the client.
- Tailoring of investment options for the client – Assisting the clients in achieving their investment goals.
- Corporate actions processing and notification to the client such as Interest payments, dividend collection, processing of rights & bonus issues.
- Assisting clients in the application of government securities and corporate bonds.
- Portfolio Reporting – Providing reports, valuations and reconciliations of assets held as well as transaction status of the client.
- Proxy Services – This happens when the client directs the Bank to represent his interests in matters relating to his investments like attending Annual General Meetings.
Investment Management Services
- Opening and maintenance of client’s CDS trading accounts.
- Trading of shares – Purchasing and selling of listed shares through a list of our empanelled brokers at the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) and across East Africa.
- Trading of fixed income securities – The Bank facilitates trading of government securities (T-bills, T-bonds) and corporate bonds on behalf of clients.
- Settlement of securities like shares and government securities. Ensuring timely receipt of client’s securities and payment of funds.
- Facilitating the immobilization/dematerialization of securities i.e. conversion from paper share certificate to electronic form.
- Facilitating the transfers of securities between parties. We ensure a smooth transfer of securities from the client’s CDS account to other close parties like family members as per the CSD Rules.
- Facilitating the creation of liens on securities used as collateral. Through I&M Bank the client can now secure a loan using his existing shares as collateral.
Who is eligible?
- Local and foreign individuals
- Corporate and institutions
- High Net worth Individuals
- Pension & Provident schemes
- Fund managers
- Collective Investment Schemes
- Insurance companies
How do I sign up?
- Meet a bank representative at any of our branches who will guide you to our custodial team.
- Meet our Custodial & Investment Management team or contact them on the numbers overleaf.
- Sign up a Custody & Investment Management Agreement with the I&M Bank (T) Limited.
- Open a Custody & Investment Management transaction account to facilitate your investment transactions.