I&M Bank, a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country, is seeking to fill the following position in Corporate & Institutional Banking department
REF: STB/12/2016 – SENIOR TRANSACTIONAL BANKER ( SENIOR MANAGER)
The job holder will report to GM Corporate & Institutional Banking and will be responsible for.
- Extending Corporate & Institutional Banking’s sales penetration/ reach in Transactional banking with specific focus on Collections & payments, liquidity management, channel services – mobile & connectivity solutions, cards -commercial , pre-paid & bespoke solutions
- Providing support to Corporate & Institutional Relationship Managers to help deepen our share of Transactional Banking share of wallet with focus on pipeline wins and rapid conversions/ implementation. This will entail client meetings and presentations, analyzing present customer processes and providing solutions
- Developing – in conjunction with Product, Marketing & Technology teams – campaigns to increase the uptake and utilization of the bank’s digital channels.
- End to end implementation of the client on-boarding process onto the bank’s Transactional banking platforms.
- Ensuring rollout & rapid commercialization of Products in liaison with Product, Marketing & Technology teams and thus provide a primary linkage with Corporate & Institutional Banking team.
- Executing against approved budget/ Account plans for target clients with a specific focus on the client and cash management revenues.
- Client Implementation – completing customer implementations of electronic channels and other Bank projects, within the agreed timelines. Meeting the key milestones agreed with the customer on time. Achieving all the customer’s expected benefits & communicate implementation progress to Stakeholders.
- Sales Support – providing sales support to Relationship Managers (RMs) so as to secure the business of potential customers by working closely to propose and refine customer solutions. Support ing RFP/ Client requests processes. Identifying opportunities to differentiate I&M in the marketplace.
- Channels Development – Providing updates to the Channels team on customer feedback and requests for enhancement. Supporting new functionality testing. Identifying opportunities to develop Channels functionality to add value to customers.
- Transaction Banking Channels Commercialization – participating in Channels roll out and utilization campaigns. Contributing to and driving conversion campaigns.
- Client servicing – Responding to issues/requests escalated by Customers when using Cash Management Products. Providing advise to customers post implementation of Transaction Banking Products. Developing additional solutions for the customer and identify further opportunities to deepen our relationship/ wallet with clients.
- Tracking MIS on Cash Management Products and managing utilization against Account plans/ client targets to ensure maximum benefit is obtained from using Cash Management Products.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a Business related field from a recognized institution (Master’s degree in Business, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution;- will be an added advantage)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma (CIM); and Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- At least 8 years relevant experience, 3 of which should have been at supervisory level.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong people management skills;
- Strong negotiation and networking skills;
- Knowledge of banking processes, Bank’s products and services;
- Knowledgeable in accounting and credit analysis.
- Knowledge of the relevant markets
- Good performance track record in business development
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to drive performance and manage resources.
- Strong innovative and creative thinking skills;
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees. Your application should reach the below address on or before 2 January , 2016. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.Apply Now