The incumbent will be responsible for analyzing information and data on customers and preparing quality credit proposals for new and existing business.
The role will report to the Relationship Manager (RM) and will be responsible for:
• Analyzing and preparing high quality credit appraisals/applications for new and existing customers within required timelines for review by the Relationship Manager. This involves:-
a) Researching on the customer (KYC) either based on existing information or in the case of a new customer, performing research.
b) Understanding the facilities requested.
c) Working out the required securities to be provided.
d) Analysing the customer’s financials.
e) Giving an overall risk rating based on overall analysis.
f) Giving justification for the facilities.
g) Making amendments based on feedback received from Relationship Manager in accordance with the Bank’s principles on lending, and CBK guidelines.
h) Preparing & submitting Credit Appraisal’s to Credit Department.
i) Resolving follow-up queries and proposed amendments to Credit Appraisals.
j) Reaching out directly for additional information required for Credit Appraisal preparation.
• Conducting on-going research and analysis to enable the Relationship Managers fully understand the business context and assist in identifying future business opportunities. Interpreting research findings & analytics and making recommendations regarding potential opportunities.
• Preparation of Account Plans that will assist in identifying various business opportunities in close partnership with RM’s
• Compiling & analyzing information regarding sales activities and business pipeline
• Interacting and liaising with clients with the intention of providing or requesting for information to assist in deal execution and/ or gathering critical information for the Bank.
• Preparing letters requesting review information and following up for receipt of the required information in liaison with the RM’s as well as maintaining a diary of due dates for review to ensure facilities are reviewed on schedule
• Reviewing and dispatching of letter of Offer (LOO); follow-up with client to ensure LOO is signed.
• Assisting RM in follow-up with credit administration for timely disbursement of funds to client
• Supporting RM in pre-client meeting preparation; attending meetings and building client rapport; gathering relevant information to generate call report; preparing call report
• Supporting RM’s in Excess Management, Compliance/Audit related issues and generally ensuring an efficient credit process
• Supporting RM’s in resolution of client queries in liaison with other Departments and assisting in ensuring continued client satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
• CPA (K) / ACCA or its equivalent;
• Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK) or its equivalent professional body.
• At least 1 year relevant experience
• Ability to write letters, reports and/or perform routine calculations
• Knowledgeable in financial analysis;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent credit risk assessment skills.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees. Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 16th December 2017. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred option)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.Apply Now