I&M Bank, a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country, is seeking to fill the following position:
REF: MPLS/12/2016 –MANAGER PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS SUPPORT
The Incumbent will report to the Divisional Head-Business Support and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring implementation and maintenance of Procurement, Logistic and Administration policies and procedures, including periodic review to ensure these remain relevant in response to changing market dynamics.
- Active participation in all major Capital Projects to ensure all Financial aspects are well understood and adequately addressed, including cost/benefit analysis of various Purchase Options
- Negotiation of Contract Terms for various Goods and Services procured to ensure the Bank obtains the best value for its money.
- Reviewing of relevant Contract documentation to ensure all financial aspects are correctly captured therein in order to protect the Bank’s interest.
- Proactive reviewing of the Bank’s Insurable Risks and ensuring implementation of the most cost effective Risk treatment.
- Liaisoning with Third Parties on all major Projects to ensure these are delivered on Budget and within agreed timeframes.
- Co-ordination and monitoring of outsourced Services to ensure agreed quality standards are maintained.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Relevant professional accounting qualification.
- Diploma from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS).
- The successful candidate must have at least five years experience at Manager Level in a large and busy Commercial Procurement and Logistics environment, with proven experience in the management of substantial Recurrent and Capital Expenditure budgets.
- A strong background in Finance, with clear understanding of various Asset Acquisition Options and the implications thereof from an Accounting perspective.
- Team player with ability to make independent strategic decisions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage diverse internal and external relationships.
- Strong analytical skills
- Self motivated and able to work within strict deadlines.
- High professional ethics and integrity.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees. Your application should reach the below address on or before 9th January, 2016. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.Apply Now