I&M Bank, a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country, is seeking to fill in the following position in ICT Department.
REF: ISE/7/9/2018 – INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER
The Job holder will be part of the bank’s management team and will be responsible for safeguarding the Bank’s computer networks and systems. The role will plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks.
The Incumbent will report to the Senior Manager – Information Security and will be responsible for:
- Implementing the Information Security Plans and Policies
- Implementing security standards and best practices for the organization, and recommending security enhancements to management as needed.
- Developing strategies to respond to and recover from security breaches.
- Reviewing firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect organizations’ sensitive information.
- Assisting computer users with installation or processing of new security products and procedures.
- Conducting periodic scans of networks to determine existence of any vulnerabilities.
- Conducting penetration testing, to simulate cyber-attacks on systems to highlight any weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party.
- Forming part of the incident response team that investigates security breaches
- Designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or an Equivalent from a recognized institution.
- A security certification including but not limited to CEH, CISA, CISM, CCNA Security, etc.
- At least 4 years relevant experience.
- Significant practical knowledge in the following areas:
- Unix, Linux, Windows, operating systems
- Well-known networking protocols and services (FTP, HTTP, SSH, SMB, LDAP, etc.)
- Exploits, vulnerabilities, networks and network attacks
- Packet analysis and Regular expressions
- Database structures and queries
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience in planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Professional experience in a system security administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
- Strong understanding of endpoint security solutions to include File Integrity Monitoring and Data Loss Prevention.
- Understanding of common network services (web, mail, FTP, etc.), network vulnerabilities, and network attack patterns
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate: write clearly and speak authoritatively to both business and tech audiences
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Strong planning and organization skills;
- Keeping abreast with latest technology and ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Ability to operate within 24 Hour shifts as and when required
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees. Your application should reach the below address on or before 14th September 2018. Please quote the reference number followed by the position applied for in the application
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I&M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: email@example.com (preferred)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.Apply Now