I&M Bank, a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country, is seeking to fill the following position in Corporate and Institutional Banking department.
REF: HOAS/12/2016 – RELATIONSHIP MANAGER CHINESE SPEAKING – CORPORATE BANKING ( MANAGER LEVEL)
The position will be responsible for marketing to new and existing clients to help grow a quality loan and deposit book. The role is responsible for the retention and growth of clients, growing wallet share as well as effective & pro-active management of relationships aimed at ensuring a delightful client experience
The Incumbent will report to the General Manager, Corporate and Institutional Banking and will be responsible for:
- Prospecting for new business opportunities and offering the full range of Banking products and services such as accounts, loans, fixed deposit accounts, card products, Internet Banking, Home Loans, Commercial Advances by way of Working Capital, Term Loans, STL’s, Hire Purchase, Asset Financing, IPF’s, Letters of Credit and Letters of Guarantees;
- Documenting Account opening and executing all KYC documents to facilitate account opening and all Bank’s products and services;
- Obtaining related financial documents to be able to put forward any new borrowing requests from the client;
- Preparing Call reports with recommendations and submitting for consideration by approvers;
- Mobilizing Deposits and growing the Bank’s Deposit Base in line with Branch targets;
- Providing feedback to the client on the outcome of their request and providing other solutions which could be beneficial to them in the long run;
- Processing and concluding transactions in a timely manner;
- Making regular client visits to review business requirements, assessing assets under securities held or offered and submitting call reports;
- Processing ad-hoc/additional/new requests/excesses under allotted portfolio and obtaining approvals where/when required;
- Cross selling the Bank’s and Group’s products.
- Conducting reviews and renewals for existing relationships for clients enjoying various Credit facilities by proposing and recommending Credit Appraisals;
- Making follow ups with Credit department on the offer letter and other Banks contractual documents for the client to execute for facilities approved and following up internally and externally for processing of securities and marking limits;
- Attending to the Credit Audit report and ensuring that ARPs are promptly attended to and resolved;
- Making regular customer meetings and visits to build and grow the relationship;
- Filling customer instructions/important loan related documents in the client’s respective dockets for safe custody as the information is private and confidential;
- Reviewing Loan excess and arrears reports on a weekly basis and providing comments for all accounts listed. This involves making daily follow ups with clients to ensure that their accounts are conducted within their sanction limits and any irregular excess are regularized within the shortest time possible;
- Approving excesses across Branches for relationship handled by the respective Relationship Managers especially in terms of excess drawing on their accounts; and
- Reviewing and commenting on enhanced and new facilities at the end of every month as per the Central Bank of Kenya requirement to the CR HO department.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Marketing or its equivalent from a recognized institution.Master’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma or its equivalent;
- Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or equivalent professional body.
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Ability to write complex letters, comprehensive reports and to perform complex calculations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good financial analysis skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Knowledgeable in credit, legal (conveyancing) and lending knowledge;
- Basic understanding of Banking Law; and
- Knowledgeable in the Banking Act, CBK prudential guidelines and credit policies.
- Good networking skills
- Ability to speak Chinese language will be an added advantage
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees. Your application should reach the below address on or before 9th January, 2017. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.Apply Now