A MasterCard pre-paid card in multiple major currencies suitable for use while traveling and shopping overseas
The I&M Bank MasterCard Platinum Multicurrency Prepaid Card is the ideal international traveling companion. Essentially, it is just the same as carrying a wallet containing several major currencies, as it allows you to spend in the currency of your choice when you travel. The great benefit is that you save money by avoiding related currency conversion costs. This premium card also comes with all MasterCard Platinum benefits.
Features and Benefits
- Secure and convenient virtual wallet carrying 3 major currencies; GBP, EURO and US Dollars
- Online balance enquiry, transactions statements and Card hot listing
- Transaction tracking through SMS notification
- 24 Hr I&M Call Centre for all enquiries and general assistance
- Instant Card issuance – No Credit vetting
- Load up to US Dollars 10,000 or equivalent
- Shift one currency to another within the card sub wallets
Get the card!
It is easy, quick and convenient to acquire this Card: You do not need an I&M bank account to get one
- Complete the application form below, print it and sign
- Produce the application form along with a copy and the original National ID or Passport, copy of you KRA PIN and recent passport photo at any I&M Bank branch.
- New applicants will be required to indicate on the form, the purpose for which the prepaid card is required and indicate intended use and frequency.
- Pay the initial load fee
- You will get a Welcome Kit containing a ready to use MasterCard Platinum Card and Sealed PIN Cover containing the ATM PIN. Your I-PIN which will enable you to access card account information online via imbank.com on the Prepaid Card login section will be generated and sent to your email address.
- You can then start using your card immediately and enjoy the benefits.
Reloading at Branch
- You can reload to replenish the funds in your card in cash by visiting any branch of I&M Bank. Please note for loads or reloads of more than Kshs 1m, the applicant will be required to provide declaration of the source of funds and provide related source documents for verification and future reference
Reloading using M-PESA Paybill
To reload using Mpesa Pay Bill, follow the below instructions:
- Go to Mpesa Menu, Lipa na M-PESA
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter the Business no “872651”
- Enter Account Number “Your 16 digit Card Number”
- Enter Amount (The US Dollar is loaded by default)
- And finally enter your Mpesa PIN to complete the transaction
Reloading using M-PESA Xpress
To pay using Mpesa Xpress
- Click here and follow the following instructions
- Enter the full 16 digit Credit Card Number and amount to pay
- Enter your Phone number
- You will then receive a pop up on your phone requesting you to enter your Mpesa PIN to complete the transaction (Make sure your mobile device screen is unlocked)