At I&M Bank, the health and well-being of our customers and staff is always of utmost importance to us and we hope that this message finds you and your families safe and healthy. We are committed to providing the service our customers deserve and understand the concern and uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 and its potential impact on our country and the world.
Our Customers are at the heart of our operations and as your Bank, we have instituted a raft of preventive measures informed by directives from the government, to prevent and reduce the spread of COVID- 19.
The Central Bank of Kenya has announced a raft of measures to help reduce the pandemic’s impact on the Kenyan economy.
In our commitment to our customers we have set aside relief measures aimed at cushioning our customers from the impact of this pandemic.
- Suspension of repayments for a period ranging from 3 to 6 months
- Additional funding for businesses providing essential services to combat COVID19
- Extension of loan tenors upon request by customer.
- Temporarily suspending reporting to the Credit Reference Bureaus
To access any of the above concessions please contact your Branch or Relationship Manager
Alternate Banking Channels We recommend that our customers to use our alternate banking channels - ATMs, I&M Mobile Banking, IClick Internet Banking, Call Centre, Debit/Credit/Prepaid Cards which are operating as usual. This is to minimize physical handling of cash and visiting the bank branch for transactions. Click here to see all the options available to our customer. In addition to this, to encourage use of our mobile banking as a channel for making transactions safely and conveniently, we are now temporarily offering the following concessions and waivers:
- Mobile money transactions through MPESA and Airtel Money to load your wallets and transfer money from your mobile wallet to your I&M account is free of charge.
- All your payment transactions using PESALINK to pay into accounts with other local banks are now free of charge.
- Transaction limits have been increased by Telcos for mobile money transactions to Ksh 150,000 per transaction and to Ksh 300,000 per day and person-to-person transfers up to Ksh 1000/- are free of charge.
*Supporting our communities *
Through the I&M Bank Foundation, we recognize the need to demonstrate collective humanity, to vulnerable members of society from financially constrained backgrounds and to ease the burden on the Covid-19 outbreak. The Foundation is partnering with organizations to provide relief efforts. So far, we have partnered with Shamas Rugby Foundation to donate food to 2,000 families in Kibera Mathare, Eastlands, Kangemi, Tatu City and Ngewe. We invite further applications from registered charities to support vulnerable communities.
We have the responsibility and resilience to rise above the challenges of the virus by following the government’s directives on preventive measures. We call upon all our esteemed customers to stay safe and heed to these government’s preventive measures.
As your financial partner, we encourage our customers to take advantage of the concessions that we are offering. We are closely monitoring the situation and shall continue to provide more support as the need arises.
We are on your side and are committed to continuing to support you during these times.