Strategic Options Advisory
Assist potential clients determine the appropriate financial strategy to pursue in executing their corporate strategy
- Strategy & financial review and business valuation of the Company
- Analysis of the strategic options i.e. M&A, private equity, Listing and debt funding
Corporate Finance Advisory
Mergers Acquisition Advisory
- Valuation, structure and strategy: advice for the achievement of the optimum acquisition potential of a business
- Sourcing Regional and International buyers from our networks
- Leading and Co-ordinating the due diligence process
- M&A outsourcing: we have the capacity to handle the M&A function for large acquisitive companies
Equity Capital Raising Advisory
- Structuring and valuing a business in preparation for an IPO, rights issue or significant private equity raise
- Services include, inter alia, valuation work, drafting of investment memoranda, drafting of investor presentations, advice on optimum organisation and board structure, referral to financing banks and institutional investors
- Structuring and raising debt capital through issuing of corporate bonds and commercial paper
- Services include valuation work, target selection (for MBI transactions), negotiation, coordination of other professional advisors
- Comprehensive business & group valuation reports, using market standard valuation metrics
Business Plan Drafting & Financial Models
- Including structure, financial forecasting, and general advisory
Capital Introduction Advisory
- Raising listed & private equity capital from European, Middle East, Asia and Africa based investors. Our investor database includes >100 institutional PE investors into SSA as well as significantly all the major institutional listed Equity funds.
- Raising debt capital in conjunction with local and international banks to support equity investment and leveraged buyouts.
- Raising debt capital in support of Mergers & Acquisitions.
GEMS Listing Advisory
- Advising and guiding the Company during the listing process
- Verifying and submitting the Listing Statement to NSE
- Raise capital and increase shareholder register
- Coordinate the other advisors in the transactions i.e. reporting accountants, corporate lawyers, PR advisors
- Assess the appropriateness of both current and incoming Board members
- Promote secondary market liquidity and raise secondary capital through research and broking
- Conduct regular reviews of actual trading, financial and operational performance of the Company
- Provide strategic advice by sitting in the Board Audit Committee of the Company
- Ensure compliance with continuous listing obligations
- Arrange for Directors Induction Program with NSE
Private Equity (PE) Advisory
We have the experience and capability to provide high quality & value-adding corporate finance assistance to PE firms & DFIs, directly investing in Eastern Africa, during pre and post-investment cycle, in particular when their teams are operating at full or over capacity.
Our approach cuts across the target approach & evaluation, due diligence, independent valuation, negotiations and deal closing spectrum of a Transaction.
Entails independent portfolio valuation services (PE assets, Government & Corporate bonds) for financial reporting purposes to LPs and for audit purposes in accordance with the International Private Equity and Venture Capital Valuation Guidelines.